Hotel Indigo Chester is open and operating in-line with local tier 2 restrictions.
The safety and wellbeing of our guests and colleagues is our top priority, and we have implemented new hygiene procedures above and beyond our standard protocols, as well as social distancing measures, in line with government and public health advice.
Please find details of all our new policies below:
How we are looking after our guests
To ensure the safety and well-being of our guests after re-opening, we have worked on putting in place the following new measures at Hotel Indigo Chester:
• Reduced contact at check-in and check-out
• Contactless payment options available
• Protective screens at reception
• Thorough cleaning of keys cards between uses
• Social distancing adhered to throughout hotel
• Hand sanitiser stations in key location
How we are looking after our Teams
Alongside our guests, it’s vital that our teams can work in a stay and happy environment while continuing to satisfy the needs of our guests. With that in mind, the following new measures have been implemented at Hotel Indigo Chester:
• Training on social distancing and hygiene standards
• Job specific training
• Clear guidance for if feeling unwell
• Access to PPE where required
• Improved communications for advice and guidance
Our new cleaning measures
We follow the newly modified IHG Way of Clean policy, which promises to give guests extra reassurance during their stay.
This includes using new COVID-recommended products and protocols, increased cleaning frequencies, and a new five-step improved cleaning programme to ensure guest rooms, reception, public spaces and food & beverage areas are clean, feel like new and a free of clutter.
• Thoroughly deep cleaned and sanitisation all guest rooms and public areas
• Used globally approved products proven to be effective against Coronavirus
• Increased allotted time for cleaning each room to allow deeper level of cleaning
• Disinfection of all touch points within bedrooms including handles, phones, desks etc.
• ‘One cloth per room’ policy meaning a new/fresh cleaning cloth is used in every room
• Revised team training to ensure everyone follows the new cleaning standards
• Increased frequency of cleaning public areas including lifts controls, door handles etc.
• Use of appropriate PPE, where necessary, and keeping on top of future government advice
• Implemented the new IHG Clean Promise. More details about this can be found at ihg.com/clean.
Will the restaurant be open?
The restaurant is open but alcohol can only be served with a substantial meal. Guests must adhere to social distancing rules by not mixing with other households and the maximum rule of six applies to all table bookings.
Please note that under current government laws, the bar and restaurant will close and need to be vacated by 11pm. No orders will be taken after 10pm.
Breakfast will still be an experience at Hotel Indigo Chester, just served in a variety of different styles. Your breakfast your way and naturally adhering to the current safety measures to protect you and us.
Coronavirus NHS QR codes will be on display at all entrances to the hotel and we ask all guests to scan them using the NHS app when they enter. By law, we are still required to capture guest details so please make sure you do so when arriving at Hotel Indigo Chester.
Ourselves and IHG continue to monitor developments around the world and are in contact with global organisations including the World Health Organization (WHO), Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and relevant to ensure the actions we take are comprehensive and suitable.